Top 7 Programming Languages for Mobile App Development in 2022
Mobile app development has been essential to the development sector over the last several years. Almost 318 billion dollars were made from mobile app sales globally in 2020, an increase of over US$ 60 billion from the previous year. Mobile application development is anticipated to earn US$ 693 billion in revenue in 2022, and mobility solutions are anticipated to generate US$ 1.8 trillion. Over 3.5 billion people use smartphones, and 90% of mobile users spend their time using applications. Therefore, there is no question that the sector is strong and thriving. Users are consistently increasing and there are no signs of a downturn. For the development of your mobile apps, you must pick the top programming languages that are dominating the market. The top 7 programming languages of 2022 for creating high-end mobile apps and expanding your business will be covered in this blog.
Tradeoffs for choosing a mobile development languages
1. Performance: To give users a seamless experience, you want your mobile app’s user interface to stay fluid even during demanding data processing. This feature should be incorporated into the development language, and it should also include APIs to fine-tune how operations are distributed among various threads.
2. Development time and code reuse: Companies are constantly seeking ways to cut the time it takes to develop mobile apps, therefore you need to lower the development time by boosting code reuse. Time-to-market is crucial for new mobile initiatives.
3. Future upgrade paths: As the mobile platform landscape changes constantly, it’s important to consider the lifetime of your next mobile app. The longer you want your app to remain available on the market without a major rewrite, the more you will want to choose a stack that offers clear upgrade paths. You must choose tools that are supported by wide communities or by well-known corporations.
4. Staffing or resources: You must be able to create apps with the same expertise for a variety of platforms, including iOS, Android, and even the Universal Windows Platform and the Web. When staffing resources, You must be aware of the mobile development expertise on your team and should make sure that your team has good design and architectural guidance, and if you’re building a complex app, you will need senior developers with a high level of expertise.
5. App Complexity: It can be measured in many ways, The number of supported frameworks and device features is a useful metric for comparing frameworks. Additionally, you may need to include integration SDKs for databases, notifications, or API integration depending on the backend technology that you plan to employ in your full-stack app.
Best Programming languages for App Development in 2022
Swift, an open-source language, is gaining popularity very quickly. It is a native language utilized for iOS app development. It makes it possible for developers to write iOS, OS X, and other Apple platform apps more quickly with fewer bugs and crashes than ever before. In addition, Swift being open-sourced means that it will be added to platforms other than those made by Apple. Swift is now being ported to Linux and other systems, as well.
- Rapid development process
- Easy to scale the product and the team
- Better performance
- Type Safety
- Decreased memory footprint
- Compatible with Objective-C
- Automatic memory management with ARC
- Full-stack potential and cross-device support
- Vibrant open source community and learnability
Kotlin is an android app development language that allows you to accomplish nearly the same tasks as Java while writing fewer lines of code (Extensions, Data Classes, Null Safety). It is important to note the UI design work and android extensions, you are no longer required to deal with boilerplate code like findViewById, etc.
- Java Interoperability
- Null Safety
- Nullable Types
- Concise Syntax
- The Getters And Setters properties are created automatically
Java is among the top programming language for android app development. A vast community, a variety of solutions, and pre-made modules are all benefits. In general, developers may quickly and easily find solutions to any issues they experience.
- Automatic memory management
- Uses garbage collector
- Supports multiple platforms
Dart is a general-purpose programming language used to develop flutter apps which were created by Google and then accepted as a standard by Ecma (ECMA-408). Applications for the web, servers, desktop, and mobile platforms can be created with Dart.
- Flexibility to operate
- Open-source ecosystem
- Easy to learn
- Good first language
- Great tooling support
- Robust language
- Ensures productivity
- It is Community-driven
- Maximum code reuse & cost saving
- Live reload
- Strong performance
- Modular and intuitive architecture
C# is an object-oriented, all-purpose programming language created by Microsoft. Its name is pronounced, “See Sharp”. The sharp sign, which is used to elevate a note by a semitone in musical notation, served as the inspiration for the name. If you look closely, a # sign is made up of four-plus signs arranged in a grid of two by two. According to this, C# is a development of C++. For Windows desktop application development, C# is still the predominant technology.
Strong safety-typing in C#, a mature programming language, keeps code from behaving unexpectedly. Since C# is a member of the.NET framework, it may be used with many beneficial.NET technologies such as Lambdas, LINQ, and Asynchronous programming (async/await).
- High-level language with memory access capabilities
- Designed as a part of the .NET platform(cross-platform runtimes, and extensive resources of .NET frameworks)
- Language interoperability
- C-family of languages
- Inbuilt garbage collector
- Type-safe language with dynamic capabilities
- Thorough documentation
- Large community
- Easy to learn
- Enables developers to make powerful mobile apps
- Compatible on multiple platforms
- Cost-effective development
- Apache Cordova plugins
In conclusion, mobile app development is an ever-growing industry and new mobile app programming languages are built to upgrade the previous ones. It is NOT difficult to choose the best programming language for developing mobile apps from the list above. The language has already been decided for us; all we have to do is select the mobile app platform. There are one or two languages available for every App platform. For iOS learn Swift, for Android learn Kotlin and for hybrid apps learn React Native. They have already been selected for us by the market, trends, historical accidents, environment, community, and so forth.
Keep reading about
LEAVE A COMMENT
We really appreciate your interest in our ideas. Feel free to share anything that comes to your mind.