Enterprise Cloud Support Engineer – Level 3Location :Bangalore
More and more companies are rapidly adopting the cloud to expand their IT footprint and take advantage of the flexibility and features that the cloud has to offer. The cloud is a vast and rapidly changing environment, making it a challenge for traditional IT shops to manage the transition from on-premises to the cloud. We are looking for individuals to become part of the team to help support customers on this journey.
Your main responsibility will be to provide assistance and escalation support for the Level 2 engineers as well as perform as a lead technical advisor to enhance/improve the Company’s operations and customer experience. From those escalations, you will work with customers via the web interface, phone, email, and chat to resolve requests. Tickets can be opened by customers or monitoring systems and can include updating configurations of resources in Azure, performing regular maintenance on systems in the cloud or on-premises, updating Microsoft 365 service configurations, or investigating reported problems with services. A broad understanding of Azure, M365, and on-premises IT technology is required to be successful in this role.
- Advanced experience in Azure Cloud services and Microsoft 365.
- Experience with other supporting technologies such as MDM, Backup & DR, Hybrid environments, AD Connect, Identity Management, ATP, Security, and Compliance.
- Working knowledge of Azure Automation, Logic Apps, Power Platform, and advanced programming/scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, Perl, and/or PHP).
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- In-depth understanding of virtualization and cloud computing (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen).
- Expert knowledge of Windows troubleshooting tools (Event viewer, Task manager, WinDbg, Windows Sysinternals, perfmon, WPR/WPA).
- Experience in network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, or LAN/WAN) and networking tools (telnet, tracert, tracetcp, iperf, ntttcp, dig, and packet capture tools).
- Advanced understanding of security best practices, distributed computing environments, and methodologies.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technology at a fast pace.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- This role may require participation in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert level certification.
- Previously worked at a managed service provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent experience in a technical position.
As a Cloud Support Engineer – Level 3, a typical day might include the following:
- Provide escalation support for Level 2 engineers for tickets generated by customers and alerting systems in a timely and accurate manner to ensure a swift resolution that meets or exceeds SLA requirements.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple Microsoft and Azure services and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide internal support and unique solutions to our customer’s individual needs.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies to advance the Company’s position by providing scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal teams on how to improve our services, support-related processes, and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Write, review, and enhance internal SOPs, tools/scripts, tutorials, and other technical articles for the Operations team and the company.
- Coach/mentor new hires, interact with other departments, and lead engineers on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Position Type: Full-time Salaried
Location: Bangalore On-site
Flexibility to work in shifts [ must]
Communication Skills [ must]
Experience working with US clients [ good to have]