Home Automation And Smart Home Technology:
Benefits : Comfort and peace of mind. Monitor and Control your house from anywhere .Emergency alert systems if something needs attention or accident.Green planet – conserve energy, of course less power bills.
Idea : Using technological advancement to control our appliances at home in a smarter way, for better connected life.
Home Automation And Smart Home Technology Services – Terralogic
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC): it is possible to have remote control of all home energy monitors over the internet incorporating a simple and friendly user interface.
Lighting control system:
Lighting control systems typically provide the ability to automatically adjust a lighting device’s output based on:
- Chronological time (time of day)
- Astronomical time (sunrise/sunset)
- Occupancy using occupancy sensors
- Daylight availability using photocells
- Alarm conditions
- Appliance control and integration with the smart grid and a smart meter, taking advantage, for instance, of high solar panel output in the middle of the day to run washing machines.
- Security: a household security system integrated with a home automation system can provide additional services such as remote surveillance of security cameras over the Internet, or central locking of all perimeter doors and windows.
- Leak detection, smoke and CO detectors.
- Indoor positioning systems – Helps in tracking things at home.
- Home automation for the elderly and disabled -Services such as remote health monitoring (e.g. blood pressure, sugar level, regular drug intake) and tele-assistance (e.g. emergency call support, drug reminders).
Trending Technologies for communication:
Bluetooth and WIFI
Zigbee and Z-wave are wireless home networking standards that let compatible devices share data, such as on/off commands for light switches, security sensors, smoke detectors and thermostats. They have extremely low power requirements and an effective range of up to 300 feet, making them ideal for household management..
X10 is a protocol that carries control signals across standard electrical wire that already exists in the walls of your house. X-10-enabled devices are used for simple controls, such as turning lights and appliances off or on. The wired connections make the signals extremely reliable. Most X-10 products are reasonably priced, and the fact that they communicate using existing wiring means costly rewiring is unnecessary.
Insteon uses existing wires (power line) and radio-frequency communications to control automated devices. Insteon helped pioneer reliability for automation—a command sent through an Insteon controller is instantly confirmed; if something interrupts the transmission, the system immediately sends a backup command.
Network Security – Networks are prone to hacking, if compromised hackers can take control of your house. Network security is major challenge.
Interoperability – Interop is a concern as most of the available technologies in HA market doesn’t support interop and there is no common guidelines.
Some Ideas for Home Automation :
Industry trends and forecast
Home Automation System Market worth 78.27 Billion USD by 2022
The Global Home Automation System Market is Poised to Grow at a CAGR of Around 14.3% Over the Next Decade to Reach Approximately $117 Billion by 2025 – http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9bm4md/global_home